A Market Town Manager has been appointed to work one day a week with the following objectives:
- Increase footfall into the shops and services in town
- Improve communication among disparate community groups
- Develop greater cohesion of community group activities
- Increase residents’ use of town businesses
- Fill in gaps in the existing events calendar and encourage residents’ participation
The Council has funded this part time post and we look to her to provide the catalyst to bring new events and initiatives to the Town. Whilst she is nominally responsible to the Tourism Committee we do not intend to either approve or veto any community event or activity. She will be making contact with key community groups to seek their engagement and to bring greater co-ordination and promotion to current and new events. She will also be looking to introduce one or two new events, with the support of Community Groups, throughout the year.